The Absinthe Classics Essence kit coming from AbsintheKit.com only cost $29 and lets you make 14 bottles of Absinthe (750ml each). The kit also contains a handy measure and 14 bottle labels. The essence is distilled from classic Absinthe herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel and makes an Absinthe by using a thujone content of 35mg per bottle. AbsintheKit furthermore sell 3 other Absinthekits and replicas of classic Absinthe glasses and spoons.
- Learn as much as it is possible to with regards to Absinthe so that you know very well what to look for. Websites like lafeeverte.net, realabsintheonline.com as well as absinthebuyersguide.com have got plenty of info on Absinthe along with reviews.
- Make sure that you buy an Absinthe that contains both wormwood and also anise. Several Czech Absinth is anise free therefore don't even have the exclusive anise flavor. There are also plenty of fake or substitute Absinthes for sale that do not consist of wormwood and you also would like to avoid those if you want to try real Absinthe.
- Look around and do a price comparison of Absinthe. Vendors who stock a variety of Absinthes consist of the UK company Thedrinkshop.com, absintheclassics.com and absinth64.net.
- Buy known brands through reliable distillers who may have won awards for their Absinthes and then compare prices between suppliers. See below for well known brands.
Where Can I Buy Absinthe Classics?
Brands that you could consider are:-
- Sebor - Sebor Absinth is usually a Czech Absinth. Genuine Sebor Absinth with 55% worwmood content is purely available from seborabsinth.com. It's actually a well-known Czech brand with an excellent reputation.
- The Jade Collection by Ted breaux. These Absinthes have won many awards and were made by Ted Breaux who examined and explored vintage Absinthe and genuine recipes to allow him to create his own vintage style Absinthe. The Jade Collection involves Swiss style Absinthes as well as French Pernod style Absinthes. A wonderful collection. These Absinthes can be obtained from websites like absintheonline.com.
- La Boheme Absinthe Original - Another Czech Absinthe. This Absinthe is founded on a 200 year old Swiss recipe and is identified as the best possible Absinthe. It is accessible to order from originalabsinthe.com.
- La Ptite Absinthe du Val de Travers - A Swiss Absinthe distilled in Couvet, home of Absinthe, from an 1898 recipe. It's actually a clear La Bleue style Absinthe which is handmade and will therefore be hard to get hold of. Stock can occasionally be seen on absintheclassics.com.
- Absinthe Clandestine - An additional Swiss La Bleue style Absinthe. This Absinthe is also distilled in Couvet but by Claude-Alain Bugnon, a former bootleg distiller. It is actually depending on traditional La Bleue recipes and utilizes traditional Absinthe herbs with alpine plants. It is offered by absintheclassics.com.
Absinthe Roquette 1797 - This Absinthe is termed after the horse of the celebrated creator of Absinthe, Dr Pierre Ordinaire, and is also based on an eighteenth century recipe. It's distilled in Pontarlier, France, in original nineteenth century alambics. It is seen on many websites like absintheclassics.com.
Other noteworthy Absinthes are generally Doubs Mystique Carte d'Or, Absinthe Duplais, Lucid (developed for the USA) plus the Spanish Absenta Mari Mayans 70.
Don't forget to serve your Absinthe in the conventional manner, utilizing The Ritual. Figuring out Where Can I Buy Absinthe?